Hello everyone, hope your day is well.
- Pew: Even though most of the world is vehemently against US drone use, 61% of Americans approve of it.
- Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons states they will be able to do deadline to eliminate all Syrian chemical weapons
- Prime Minister of Pakistan to Obama: End drone strikes now
- India is accusing Pakistan of new attacks on Kashmir border
- Tense phone call conversation between Germany’s Angela Merkel and Obama to assure she is not being spied on
- “Bank of America Corp., accused of lying about the quality of mortgages it passed along to financial firms Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, was found liable for fraud on Wednesday in a civil case the government said captured the frenzied pursuit of profits at all costs just before the economy collapsed in 2008.”
- Now a Professor states that studying economics can make greed morally acceptable
- “The FBI is looking into whether the U.S.-based director of a Russian government-run cultural exchange program is a spy who tried to recruit young Americans as intelligence assets, a national intelligence community official said Wednesday.”
- “Despite saying they suffered major damage from classified documents made public by an Army soldier and a National Security Agency contractor, U.S. government agencies have fallen behind in installing computer software to stop such leaks, U.S. officials say.”
- Bangladesh workers get a 50% wage increase — but that’s just 9 cents more
- “The breakthrough came after the worker deaths in Walnut Creek on Saturday. By Sunday, union leaders said they were ready to make concessions. By Monday, both sides agreed to sit down and a deal was struck in time to get limited train service running for the Tuesday morning commute.”
- Despite shutdown being over, attacks on our social programs are still out there
- During shutdown, one GOP leader told Obama: “I can’t even stand to look at you”
Everything Else USA
- ““Shopping while black” is apparently a crime in New York, as one teenager discovered, after being unlawfully handcuffed for buying an expensive belt that the Barneys store clerk mistakenly believed he could not afford, even though he paid for it, NY Post reported.”
Top Gun! (Stories)
- A couple of AR-15s have gone missing. Well, 63 to be exact.
Health, Hunger and Homelessness
The War on Women
- “Seven current and former UConn students have filed a Title IX complaint against the university, alleging that the administration failed to protect them from sexual assault on campus and responded inadequately to sexual assaults that did occur. Their accounts are, in a word, horrifying.”
- Hacking the Earth to stop climate change
- Man questioned by cops over knitting, has a laugh over it.