I couldn’t figure out which hearing to focus on, so here they all for today (from the weekly list):
9:30 am – Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
Nomination Hearing of Neil M. Barofsky for Special Inspector General , Troubled Asset Relief Program
10 am – House Financial Services
"Stabilizing the Financial Condition of the American Automobile Industry"
Legislative hearing on extending the Department of Treasury’s Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) to the U.S. auto industry. The bill, which is still being drafted, will extend the recently passed TARP program to help the financial stability of the American car industry.
- [Ron Gettelfinger,] President, UWA
- Alan Mulally, President and CEO, Ford Motor Company
- Robert Nardelli, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Chrysler LLC
- G. Richard Wagoner, Jr., Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, General Motors
10 am – Senate Budget
The Economic Outlook and Options for Stimulus
- Mark Zandi, Chief Economist and Co-founder of Moody’s Economy.com
- Simon Johnson, Senior Fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics
- John B. Taylor, Mary and Robert Raymond Professor of Economics, Stanford University
10 am – Senate Finance
Health Care Reform: An Economic Perspective
- Ivan G. Seidenberg, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Verizon Communications, Inc.
- Andy Stern, President, Service Employees International Union
- Uwe E. Reinhardt, James Madison Professor of Political Economy, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University
- Amitabh Chandra, Assistant Professor of Public Policy, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
10 am – Senate Judiciary
Helping Families Save Their Homes: The Role of Bankruptcy Law
10 am – House Foreign Affairs, Subcommittee on International Organizations, Human Rights, and Oversight
Renewing the United Nations Mandate for Iraq: Plans and Prospects
- Oona A. Hathaway, Professor of Law, Berkeley Law, University of California Berkeley
- Raed Jarrar, Iraq Consultant, Middle East Peace Building Program, American Friends Service Committee
- Michael J. Matheson, Visiting Research Professor of Law, George Washington University Law School
- Issam Michael Saliba, Senior Foreign Law Specialist, Middle East and North Africa, Law Library of Congress
- Thomas Donnelly, Resident Fellow, American Enterprise Institute
12:30 pm – House Armed Services, Air and Land Forces Subcommittee
Hearing on the F-22 program.